& just like that, August is gone. Seriously? Everyone is talking about fall & pumpkin spice & sweaters, but I’m still over here wishing my tan wasn’t fading & daydreaming of sunny patios. I love summer. Fall is okay too, but it doesn’t beat summer. Fall just means we’re one step closer to parkas & sorels & all that nonsense. My morning bike ride is getting chilly. I know it’s coming, but I’ve still got another few weeks, & I refuse to give in early.
We had a great August – filled it family, friends, & folly. (Ah I love a good alliteration…). Here’s what we got up to according to Instagram:
- Camping at Big Valley Jamboree with N.
- Our BVJ crew in all our messy glory. This music festival was one of the craziest weekends I’ve ever had.
- Celebratory birthday dinner for my little brother, who isn’t so little anymore.
- I’ve known these girls since junior high, but it’s rare that we all get a photo together. We caught up this month over dinner at Anju. It was fantastic.
- Cheers to officially buying a house.(!!!!) After we removed the conditions, we grabbed a beer at Vancouver’s Granville Island Brewing.
- We are the three best friends that anyone could have. & we were so happy to celebrate Nikki & Dan as they tied the knot. I’ve known Nikki my whole life & am so happy for them. xo
- Enjoying the suite life at the El Dorado in Kelowna. Definitely a splurge – that hotel is fantastic.
- Touring the South Okanagan Wineries for our anniversary. I absolutely loved Culmina Family Estate Winery. Meeting Elaine Triggs was such a treat. She’s a very interesting lady & I highly recommend booking a tasting if you’re in the area.
- It was incredible to see the effect of the smoke from the Washington fires on every area we visited. The lake felt a little like Mordor.
Well, that’s it for August. Vacation has come & gone & it’s back to reality. We move at the end of the month so it’s gonna be real busy! Happy September, friends!